So the decision has been made. It’s finally time to remodel your master bathroom, which still has the original tile from when the house was built in 1982, a leaky shower/tub combo, a double sink that takes up way too much room, and a toilet that has seen better days. You’ve called Home Pros of Central PA, and we’re going to be coming over to do your free consultation, going over your design options and working with you to make this bathroom one that you don’t have to be ashamed to let the in-laws use. But then the question comes – what do you want out of your new bathroom renovation? If you’re going to do it, you want to do it right, so what should you make sure to include?
We’ll tell you! Here are five great features that you’ll love to have in a new bathroom when you do a remodel, and three tongue-in-cheek features that nobody should ever have:
1. Heated floors. Anyone who’s had to pee in the middle of the night in December knows how miserable that walk into the bathroom can be. A heated floor turns a torturous tinkle into a soothing stream, and once you’ve had it, you’ll never go back.
2. Bidet. A bidet is just French for “special hose for that special area” and it keeps everything cleaner! While it might take a little getting used to, it will cut down on the waste of toilet paper, you’ll have fewer clogged toilets, and you’ll feel European after, well, “Europoopin’.
3. Touchless faucet and built-in soap dispenser. Say goodbye to smudged faucets with a touchless faucet! This technology is now available from major consumer faucet manufacturers, and will save you collective hours of cleaning.
4. A perfect shower. An open shower with a rainfall or 100-point shower head and colored lighting that makes every shower feel like a magical experience won’t only be amazing, but it will be more efficient for your water bill too!
5. A heated towel bar. If you love heated floors, just imagine how incredible it will be to dry off with a toasty warm towel! You may never leave your bathroom again.
And here are three features nobody should ever have in a bathroom:
1. Clear toilet. Nope. Terrible idea! Nobody wants that.
2. Door handle that shocks you if you don’t wash your hands. On second thought, maybe this WOULD be a good idea.
3. Ice cube shower. While it might be helpful for those early mornings after a late night out, just use the garden hose instead.
What features do you want in your new bathroom? Do you have any must-haves? Options you are considering if they’ll fit in well? Our design experts will be able to walk you through every detail and plan the bathroom renovation of your dreams!